Snagged from korekaraWriter's Meme: it's ok to pimp yourself out. Post a list of your top five favorite fics you've written, regardless of fandom or the reason you love them. This isn't about the BEST things you've written, but what you LOVE most. Then tag five other people to do the same. And by five, we apparently mean three.
... And by five people, it means 'tag no one and whoever wants to can do it'.
1. Piece of a Legend (Original - slash)
- My masterpiece. I really love the story I decided on. This is probably my favorite out of everything I've written. I realize the 'coming of age' theme has been done many many times, but I never get tired of it and I wasn't really as overt as I could've been with it. There's a lot going on in this story, anyway. It's one of my few attempts at hidden meaning, and I think it's shaped up pretty good (though not totally completed yet and not posted on my site or Fiction Press). LINK
2. Believe It or Not (Digimon - Ken/Daisuke, Takeru/Hikari, Taichi/Yamato)
- This one was never all that popular, but I love it. It's an AU fic (I wrote a LOT of those) based on certain fairy lore, which I am a sucker for. I love fairies and all Irish legends about them. The plot was very loosely based on 'The Hunter's Moon' by O.R. Melling, which I was a big fan of for a long time. I think everything turned out as I wanted it, and I can re-read it with pleasure. LINK
3. Going Under (Hikaru no Go - Akira/Hikaru)
- The idea was just SO there. I wanted to play with it. I sometimes think the romantic interaction was iffy in this one, but the plot was everything I wanted it to be. I managed to actually tie it together pretty good. I wrote the thing, and it still gives me shivers sometimes, too. LINK
4. Howard, again (Uninhabited Planet Survive - no pairings, spoilers up to episode 43)
- This one is so short, and SO simple, but there's something about it I like. It's the first ficlet I wrote for this series, a character exploration, but I think it captured what I wanted it to capture. I snuck a couple of things in there that some people might not notice, but that's okay. I was completely satisfied with it. LINK
5. Switch (Digimon Tamers - Jenrya/Takato, Hirokazu/Kenta, Ryo/Ruki)
- It was just fun. I enjoyed every second of writing this fic, and I enjoy re-reading it. I think I did fairly well with the characterizations, and it more or less came out how I wanted it to. The interactions were a lot of fun, and everyone got to be fantastically confused by being stuck in the wrong bodies. I love it. LINK
One more, because it's a collab so it doesn't really fit in the above section:
6. Ground Level (Digimon - co-authored with girl_starfish - Taichi/Yamato, Ken/Daisuke, others)
- It worked out so perfectly. I still like to read this one over again (though I mostly read Louise's parts). It was just so much fun to write, and the premise was so cool! I love everything we came up with for this, and just wish we'd both had time and inspiration to do the sequels we wanted to. LINK